Why Keeping Your Lash Extensions Clean Is So Important
Sometimes clients think that avoiding cleaning their lash extensions will allow them to last longer. But the truth is, gently cleaning your lashes on a regular basis is also super important and in fact mandatory if you want to keep them clean and sanitary. We also highly recommend that you avoid too much touching and pulling of your lash extensions, which is why a gentle touch is definitely important for lash retention. In simple terms, clean, unbothered, and well-kept lash extensions prevent all sorts of gross problems and also help them last a lot longer! Here are a few of the biggest reasons to clean those lash extensions:
- Dirty lash extensions = damaged natural lashes. If you don’t clean your lash extensions, then sweat, dirt, makeup, and other accumulated gunk can clog your lash follicles. Most of the time, this yuckiness is so small that you can’t see it, but it’s still there causing damage to your natural lashes. Clogged follicles can lead to an eye infection, and even if that doesn’t happen, your natural lashes will be weaker and more sparse. This makes it difficult to get a full set of lash extensions since your natural lashes will no longer be strong enough to support them.
- Your lash extensions will fall off sooner. This is gross but important, so bear with us. Remember all of that accumulated gunk that we just mentioned? Yeah, well it can weigh down your lash extensions causing them to prematurely fall off. So, by avoiding cleaning your lashes, you actually cause them to fall out more quickly.
- Clean lashes look and feel great. We highly recommended that you cleanse and brush your lash extensions at least every other day because helps prevent infection from happening in or around your eyes! Your lashes should feel soft, lightweight, and not be tangled, messy-looking, or heavy. Gently cleaning your extensions with a lash cleanser and combing them with a spoolie about once a day keeps them looking and feeling their best!
How to Clean Your Lash Extensions
- Start off by wetting your face with warm water and place a small amount of eyelash cleanser, you can purchase our fantastic 2 in 1 Lash Extension Shampoo and Conditioner in our store ($15), on your hand and work it into a lather.
- Work the product into your lash line by using your fingertips. Once finished, rinse off the product with warm water.
- Do not use aggressive dragging motions to dry your lashes because this can ruin them! Instead, pat the area dry and allow your lashes to air dry or you can blow dry your lashes on “Low” as well. Once your lashes are completely dry, you can brush them gently with a spoolie brush.
You’re One Step Closer to Beautiful Lashes
And there you have it! Cleaning your lashes every other day with our gentle lash extension cleanser is the way to go! But remember to just avoid getting your extensions wet the first few days, and after that clean with a soft and gentle touch. Also keep in mind to avoid tugging, pulling, sleeping on your stomach, or rubbing your lash extensions. If you follow the instructions on this blog, then your lashes should last for weeks!
Do You Live in LA?
Visit us! We’re located in Marina Del Rey. Book a time to stop by right from the site or call me.
We carry a huge selection of care products such as brushes, cleaners & mascara! ♥